NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Junkee


When Cory and I explored Midtown Reno one of our finds was this quirky resale shop.  Cory went inside but I sat in the red plastic chair outside and listened to the great funk playing on the loudspeaker.  Like most places, I didn't make it past opening the front door due to the fragrant candles or air freshener they had.


That's okay, because there was lots to look at outside.  I would have loved to buy that dinosaur but he was out of reach on the roof.


In case you get lost while parking your car at Junkee's they make it a little easier to find your way to the door.


Like the rest of Midtown Reno they have a mural thing going on too.



I sure do miss that Reno weather!  Who knows when it will be finally get over freezing in our little corner of the Midwest.  Linking up to Monday Mural , stay warm!


10 comments:

  1. I like that bottom mural. Wish those infernal cars were not in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the looks of this junky place. It's so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good . I agree with the two first comments. Thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are my kind of places to explore!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dinosaur! AND the tree seemingly sprouting out of the woman's head. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool murals but I know what you mean about the fragrance some of these shops have

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would also be tempted to go in this shop. What an interesting facade it has!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like my kind of shop. What did Cory buy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bottom mural looks like a scene out of Italian cinema. Hope you got shots of other murals in Reno. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete