NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Beaux Arts Beauty


While in Milwaukee on Sunday I wanted to park where I could easily find my car again.  It was easy to spot my car at the Northwestern National Insurance Building thanks to those planters full of daffodils.


If that jaunty sign of spring wasn't enough to lift my spirits there was also a nifty clock.


The building was erected in 1906 of Bedford limestone in the Beaux Arts style.  The Ionic columns were lovely, but so was the ironwork.


It was a great building to shoot first before I walked around for an hour on a foggy morning. 



2 comments:

  1. Great photos! The one with the car almost looks like a advertisement. The colors are gorgeous together.

    ReplyDelete