NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Sunday, April 20, 2014

This is How Easter Morning Should Look

After arriving at Cumberland Falls State Park last night I decided to sleep in my tent and let my mother have the lodge room all to herself.  The hall and the room smelled strongly of bleach, I think it's the water here.  By the time I decided that was what I was going to do I was setting up in the dark, but it was the easy tent so not a big deal.


There was a little excitement in the campground last night when my neighbor came over to my tent to let me know there was a bear moving around behind their campsite.  I didn't see the bear...I could hear everyone else in the small campground talking about it though for the next hour.  There was no snuffling around my tent through the night so I assume I wasn't interesting enough to deserve a visit.


This morning the birds had me up early and after a shower back in the room I laced up my sneakers and grabbed my camera.  There were a few things of interest right near the lodge.



But of course I drove down to the bridge to see what the morning light was doing there...



I met some other photographers down there and we kind of followed each other around to the hot spots.  You know how that goes.  It was a little affirming to see them lug their Canon Mark 5's mounted on tripods to all the spots I hit last fall.


Later I took my mother around to the falls and then in the afternoon I took a hike on Eagle Falls Trail.  But more on those things another day.


 We ate dinner at the Cumberland Falls State Park Lodge last night and were completely underwhelmed.  (That's polite talk for it was crappy)  Therefore, we skipped the Easter Brunch they put on this morning and went to Subway instead, for Easter lunch and dinner.  That's okay though, because tomorrow we're stopping at First Watch in Farragut, TN to have lunch with Sharon!

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome so far. Can't wait to see more. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bridge pics. Tell Sharon "hi" and tell her she's been missed in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you made the most of your stay Pam; scenery lovely. Shame about the dinner.

    ReplyDelete