NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Kitty's a Bad Influence

Katrina's boyfriend bought her a Hello Kitty wearing glasses.  Katrina gave it the original name "Kitty".  Kitty was smuggled on the plane and found her way to Newfoundland.  She's a mischief maker.

Wayne's brother Harold

She was a big hit with the Leonard Uncles anyway.

Wayne's brother Tom

Then the beer got to flowing.

Kity's first Canadian beer

And when the Leonards decided it was time to take the party to a new location, Kitty tagged along.


And that Kitty is a bad influence because she dragged my pal, Rue, along to the Boardwalk Lounge, too.


The Boardwalk Lounge is where Wayne and I met 25 years ago this month.


I only stayed long enough to rescue Rue from Kitty's bad influence.


I know my regular followers are wondering how I chose Rue's name, right?  I was thinking about what wildflowers I saw on my first hike on the Hen Wallow Falls trail, and when I came to the rue it made me think of the character Rue in the "Hunger Games" movie.  You know, the one who likes to climb the trees....like monkeys like to do?  I thought it was a good match and I celebrated by getting her a bow and outfit to match her new name!




3 comments:

  1. So Wayne picked up his future wife in a bar?
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself on that one seeing the door left wide open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like all having a grand time together.......

    ReplyDelete