NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Cumberland Falls Wrap-Up and Nomadic Newfies Gets a Professional Look

I know I've already given you a couple of peeks at Cumberland Falls, but here's the official nickel tour.

I took mom down there nice and early before the crowds arrived so we could enjoy it.  As if the weather and the butterflies flitting around weren't enough for atmosphere we also got some mood music.


Geologists estimate that the rock over which the Cumberland River plunges is about 250 million years old.  That'll make you feel young, right?


Native Americans lived here as far back as 10,000 years ago. These people were primitive hunters who made their homes in rock shelters at the base of the falls. 


Cumberland Falls has a very nice system of walkways that flow to different overlook points and gradually make their way down to the beach.  If you want to know more about the history of the spot click here.  If you missed my other posts about this area, just type Cumberland Falls in the search box on the left under the header picture.  We really thought it was gorgeous here in the fall.

There is lots of hiking in the area as the park's trail system connects with trails in the Daniel Boone National Forest.  I want to come back this way again and look into the area's trails some more as I love rocky landscapes and this area is within a day's drive of home.

That wraps up my posts from our April trip.  Wayne and are I off to Newfoundland today with the kids in tow!  I got something new in the mail to take with me.

Cape St. Mary's Bird Sanctuary

No more searching for pen and paper to write our blog address down for people!  Choosing a photo for our cards was harder than you would think.  We really don't have any nice shots of us that I feel capture what we're about except that one I use in the header.  It's really my blog, but we're still a team and if I couldn't use a pic of the two of us or our RV then I had to choose a great shot from Newfoundland instead.  You can read my post about our last trip there here.  Hope I get some nice shots in our short time there to share with everybody!

I wonder how quickly I'll run through 250 business cards with all the traveling we'll be doing and all the folks we'll meet on the trails this year?

7 comments:

  1. Yup, we made up what we call our Travelling Calling Cards and have given out quite a few, and collected some too. When I get cards from people, I write pertinent info on the back of each person's card like what rig they had or where we met etc. sometimes pet names or the campground we were at. Nice to have on hand!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those business cards for you blog are a great idea! I need to do something similar for mine. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another fantastic location; you travel some great places

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your cards. I know you will do well by them, unlike me who had a bunch made up and then never thinks about handing them out until miles later down the road. I thought about leaving them on bulletin boards or inside campground restrooms but who knows what kind of goofball will start leaving all types of weird comments on the blog. And so they just travel with me and come back home with me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out great. I keep mine with me too. They are nice to hand to people if you want to interview them. Lets be sure to trade cards when we finally meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some fabulous photos on your blog. I am envious of your trip to Cumberland Falls, they look wonderful. We have some marvelous falls in Australia too! I will be back to view more. http://robbiebago.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete