NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Roar

Last summer when we drove through Stewartville, Minnesota I spotted this toothy mural.


How about a snippet of Katy Perry's lyrics to go with that Monday Mural entry?
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar


If you haven't seen the video it's actually a good one.  I can't decide what's funnier, her brushing the alligator's teeth or when she tries to blow the tarantula off her shirt!  I know I'm old because I kept thinking "do they have to make her look SO sexy"?  Kind of deflects the strong-girl-can-make-it-on-her-own vibe just a little in my opinion.  Like the jungle animals care how hot she looks.  At least I'm not too old to enjoy her music, right?



11 comments:

  1. I don't know how this post for Monday published on Saturday! Hear me roar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had quite a few kids in my alternative schools from Stewartville.

    I almost thought I had lost track of a couple days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your header picture. Blogger is strange sometimes. Seems to have a mind of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent header for an eye catching mural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty cool mural Pam.. I'm a fan of the big cats.. Katy Perry isn't too bad either :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mural is much bigger than it seems! We have a similar take on murals today. I've got to go watch the Katie perry video now, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mural in both definitions of the word. Thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wauwww wat is hij mooi en groot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like her painting the elephant's toe nails!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first thought was that the tiger was going to eat the parked car. Now I see that he's just protecting Katy Perry. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder if the owner of that truck thought about where he parked?!

    ReplyDelete