NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

More Wildflowers and More Wind

The first part of my wildflower hunt on Saturday was a little windy, but by the time we left the first site the wind really picked up.  Up to 33 mph gusts, as a matter of fact.


I followed Dean, Diane and Mary to the next wildflower site which was just a short walk away from the Ice Age Trail.  We were on the hunt for Pasque Flowers.  Good thing I had experienced wildflower hunters with me, because I walked right over them.




They told me there more last week, but I was happy to see any at all.  Another new wildflower for me, and in a place I would have never expected.  Driving by a spot like that along the highway you wouldn't see anything at all.  And there was even some Prairie Smoke starting to bloom too.


I considered taking a short stroll on the Ice Age Trail, but the walk back to the car in the wind discouraged me and I kept driving as I passed the trailhead.  I only work a half day Thursday and then I have a 3 day weekend so I'm thinking about camping again before my next wildflower hike.  Hopefully the trees will start leafing out a bit more by then...and hopefully the wind won't blow all the wildflowers away.



No comments:

Post a Comment