NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Irene's Corner Tavern, Middle of Nowhere, South Dakota


While breezing through South Dakota on our way to Yankton I happened to spy this fading mural in the teeny tiny town of Irene.  Irene is also home to a local artist and their shop called Whimsies for which there were numerous billboards along the way.  I'm assuming that's the artist for the mural but I didn't see a name.  There was also a mural of eagles on another building, but this one was much better.



My favorite part is the apparently naked (right?) girl with the motorcycle peeping out from behind the edge of the "tavern".  I'll get to our disappointing stop in Yankton on Wednesday, tomorrow I want to tell you about my weekend.  Linking up to Monday Mural.

10 comments:

  1. Yep, definitely naked. I peeped back behind the edge of the tavern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat mural that and I did like the cheeky bit with the naked girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me "she" looks like a long haired biker dude with a mustache answering the call of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organized sports. Recreational sports. And rodeo! Naked girls are sport of another type, I guess. The Corner Tavern has covered it all. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's close to my husband's home town. I showed him the mural but he doesn't remember it. Yes, my hubby is from Yankton and he agrees there's not much to do there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. saw your name on someone else's blog..thought I would come on over and read for a bit!
    nice blog and some lovely photos of the murals!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha,ha, I hadn't noticed the girl before you mentioned her. Nice mural.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Check out the bathrooms inside the tavern there better yet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Check out the bathrooms inside the tavern there better yet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Check out the bathrooms inside the tavern there better yet

    ReplyDelete